Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Profile - Debbie Hansen - Founding Member

With a smile that breaks like sunlight on a cloudy day, Debbie Hansen brings her enthusiasm to our group. Behind that smile are two unflinching eyes, unafraid to consider the state of the natural environment & social fabric of this world and help bring justice to it. She can be a force to contend with. I asked her for a bit about her background and why she's involved with the Bear Mountain Trail Society.

Debbie Hansen ©


"I am a retired school psychologist, living in HHS, and enjoying the outdoor life here through hiking, canoeing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and walking.  I am involved with this project because after hiking trails all over the southern part of B.C. I have great respect and gratitude for trailblazing that has been done and that I enjoy.  I wanted to give back, and it couldn’t be better than to develop a trail literally in my own back yard, where I don’t have to drive far to be in a beautiful forest."

Post a comment about Debbie below. 

Interested in joining our group or providing financial support? Please use the contact form in the right hand column of this website and send us a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment